Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The fam has come and gone

Mom and Tiffany have arrived safely back in Canada and Jodie and I are left here in Bangkok wrapping our time up and saying our goodbyes for the next week. I apologize for not posting but Tiffany and Mom didn't want me to spoil their stories, and plus I was so busy entertaining them that I didn't have much time to post or blog.

I'm feeling very anxious to go home but at the same time very sad that the adventure it over. I've been so spoiled for the last two weeks with hot showers, western meals and cozy warm beds that coming back to soi 40 was a bit of adjustment again. Jodie has been quite sick the past couple of days so we have been hanging out in the room trying to find ways to pass the time. Tomorrow we head back to Mercy to visit the children and staff. A rollercoaster of emotions I'm sure the next week will be.

A funny story from today. Jodie went into the pharmacy to ask about gravel pics. She mentioned that she was sick and vomiting and the lady replied confident that she knew the answer proceeded to hand her a pregancy test. hahhaha. I wasn't there to witness it first hand but I had a good laugh when Jodie told me minutes later.

That's all for now. As I post this blog, it is raining heavily and I'm randomly getting splashed by water.

HAPPY CANADA DAY EVERYONE!!!!!

Sending love from Thailand
Misty

No comments: