Monday, March 17, 2008

How much thai have you picked up?

The boys here at the orphanage have left for the weekend. They have left for a week of meditation. I would tell you more about it, but I’m not sure of the details. I just know that our home is eerily quiet and we miss the boys very much.

The last two days of our weekend has been spent at our new favorite hang out spot. It is a park near Emporium. Our days at the park have been spent reading and lesson planning. A few reasons why I love this park so much: it is really close to the mall so whenever you need a break from the heat or you need to pick out a new book, then you can escape to the air-conditioned mall to rejuvenate yourself. Also within the park perimeters is a swimming pool, tennis and basketball court and a juice stand. So the last couple of days have been spent under a shaded, breezy palm tree. Not a bad way to spend a day. Jodie and I also realized today that we need to spice up our inner circle. We spent every waking moment together and experience everything together and we’ve talked each other’s ears off. So its time to seek out other English speakers, and our search began today. We had the pleasure of meeting and talking to a young Norwegian man who was visiting Thailand on vacation. He was a good first attempt, but really quite meaningless because he is leaving on Friday. So the search continues…. In other news, I took my camera to the SONY store here and originally they told me that it would only cost like 20 dollars to fix the lens but they called me yesterday and it is going to be more like 120 dollars. So I was like heck no. My camera still works but the zoom doesn’t work as well as it should but I’m not paying half the price of my camera to get it fixed. I guess I was just hoping that it would be cheaper to fix it here but I was wrong.

Anyways, that’s all for now. Today’s plans include, more teaching, a meeting to change our schedule and then a trip to Emporium to pick up my camera, maybe a little grocery shopping and who knows what else. I’m sorry for the lack of pics.

Psalm 18(1-2)

Misty

No comments: