Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bonjour Amigos

Sorry for my lack of posting lately. I will try to make it up to all of you right now. I am quite confident that Jodie and I have conquered the bus system, the bus system from soi 40 to Tesco that is. No seriously, we have become more confident with taking the bus which is nice because it is so much cheaper than taking a taxi. The bus only costs 8.50 baht, which is like 25 cents compared to the taxi which is like 1 dollar Canadian.

Other exciting news includes the anticipated visit of Tiffany and Mom. Their flights are booked and they are coming June 13-29. I checked the calendar and it is only 76 days away, so the countdown is on.

The weather is getting noticeably hotter, and if you walk outside in the afternoon, it is guaranteed that you will probably break out in a sweat. I find that I’ve been napping a lot lately too which is unusual for me. The heat just drains you though, so the last couple of days we have taken a nap in the afternoon but as a result I sometimes find it hard to fall asleep at a decent hour in the evening. The last two nights in a row, Jodie and I have watched Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights. We are so grateful to have the downloaded movies to pass the time at night. I’ve finished my 4th book today, so I’ll be hitting up the book store soon, probably a second hand book store, because I’m going through the books quite fast.

Jodie has a connection to a fellow Nova Scotia who now works at the Canadian Embassy herein Thailand. We just got in contact with him and are hoping meeting up sometime in the future for lunch.

Anyways, Pattaya, the beach and a hot shower are only a day away. The other luxuries that we are looking forward to enjoying include a dvd player, air-conditioning, king sized bed, 3 SWIMMING POOLS and cable TV!!!! The most important of all is the hot shower! Isn’t it sad when a shower has become a luxury? Some mornings the bowl of water just doesn’t cut it, especially when it’s a cold bowl of water. I have promised myself that I will wear more sunscreen this time around and take at least a 30 minute shower everyday. I probably won’t be emailing or posting for the next couple of days but I will be thinking of you all while I bake on the beach and swim in the ocean.

P.S. I saw another elephant walking down a busy street. Tiff, I will post a pic soon.

Sending Love from Thailand,

Misty

No comments: