Tuesday, March 18, 2008

March 18

Today wasn’t that eventful. We taught in the morning, changed our schedule around and went to the park. We were able to more our evening class to earlier in the day which means that we won’t be at Mercy so late in the evening. A few other exciting changes to the schedule include teaching kindergarten twice a week, along with some other young students. Finally we get to teach some kids. Our schedule has been so jammed backed with young adults and staff at Mercy that we haven’t had much time to teach the children. So both Jodie and I are looking forward to teaching the kids.

I was feeling really drowsy and cranking all day and forgot that I had take a Tylenol cold and flu tablet in the morning. I don’t know if I’m coming down with a bit of a cold or if my body is just reacting to the pollution but I have been coughing quite a bit lately. So I took the pill and then spent the rest of the day with no energy. I literally fell asleep on the taxi ride to the park, and then again at the park two times. Those that know me, know that I never nap so having three naps in one day is quite unusual. I was really out of it and cranky. I feel bad that Jodie had to put up with it all day. We stayed at the park until supper time and then realized that we couldn’t go home because Si Jie had the key and since the boys aren’t home, we can never be sure if there will be other staff around to let us in. So we hung out at the park until dusk and then headed home. To walk from the park to soi 40 is about 35 minutes. It’s not too bad in the evening when the temperature has gone down but we try to avoid the trek during the day.

Anyways, i have to run to rec. Talk soon

Misty

No comments: